Last updated 21 September 2021
About this Policy
Babymates Pty Ltd A.C.N. 649 070 682 (“babymates”, “us”, “we”, or “our”) has developed the babymates app, the parenting community app connecting like-minded dads.
- Cookies are small pieces of data stored on your device (computer or mobile device);
- babymates app means the babymates web or native mobile application based, software platform and includes any integrations, modifications, enhancements or changes from time to time and utilised by the user through the user’s use of the babymates app;
- Personal Information means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data or from other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession; and
- Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the babymates app or from the babymates app infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Types of Data Collected
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve the babymates app to you.
While using the babymates app, we may ask you to provide us with Personal Information about you. Personal Information may include, but is not limited to:
- email address;
- first name and last name;
- phone number; and
- address, state, postcode/zip code, city.
We may collect additional information when you provide feedback, change your content or email preference, and respond to surveys and/or promotions.
We may use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send to users.
Log and Usage Data
We may also collect information regarding how the babymates app is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer or device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of the babymates app that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, your mobile/cell phone carrier, unique device identifiers, device model, operating system, MAC address, search terms and other diagnostic data.
We may use and store information about your location (“Location Data”) if you give us permission to do so. We use this data to provide features of the babymates app, to improve and customise the babymates app. You can enable or disable location services when you use the babymates app at any time, through your device settings.
Tracking Cookies Data
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate the babymates app.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Others using the babymates app may see information about you including but not limited to, information about your:
- first name;
- photos that you upload to the babymates app;
- activity on the babymates app
How we use data
We use the collected data for various purposes to:
- provide and maintain the babymates app;
- notify you about changes to babymates app;
- allow you to participate in interactive features of babymates app when you choose to do so;
- provide user and customer support;
- gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the babymates app;
- monitor the usage of babymates app;
- detect, prevent and address technical issues; and
- provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods and services and events which we offer.
Access to your account
You can access the babymates app via various means including via your Facebook©, Apple©, or Google© account, or your email address.
If you connect through Apple or Google we will collect your information from those sites including your email address, your full name and a unique identifier. Other users will be able to see your name.
If you connect through Facebook, we will ask for the following access to information to be granted from your Facebook profile including:
- age range;
- birth date;
- home city or town;
- photographs; and
- email address.
When you register or login to the babymates app using your Facebook account, you may authorise us to access certain Facebook account information, including information that you make available via Facebook, your profile picture(s), your friends list, current location and those friends you have in common with other users of the babymates app, as well as information that you provide through Facebook at your option (i.e., your photos, your name, gender, age, approximate location, friends you have in common with other users and other profile information, as applicable).
If you login to the babymates app using such third party accounts, other users may be able to share your profile information with individuals who may or may not be users of the babymates app or via third party applications. Therefore, please be careful about what permissions you grant through the babymates app and what you post, particularly when it relates to your children.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Information, may be transferred to, and maintained on computers located outside of your state, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may be different than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside Australia and choose to provide information to us, please note that we store the data, including Personal Information, in Ireland and process it there.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of Europe, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards are implemented:
- we may transfer your Personal Information to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for Personal Information by the European Commission. For further details, see European Commission: Adequacy of the protection of Personal Information in non-EU countries (https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/international-dimension-data-protection/adequacy-decisions_en).
- where we use service providers outside Europe, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission, which give Personal Information the same protection it has in Europe. For further details, see European Commission: Standard contractual clauses for data transfers between EU and non-EU countries (https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/international-dimension-data-protection/standard-contractual-clauses-scc_en).
Disclosure of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your Personal Information if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
We may disclose your Personal Information in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- comply with a legal obligation;
- protect and defend our rights or property;
- prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the babymates app;
- protect the personal safety of users of the babymates app or the public; or
- protect against legal liability.
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us, however no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate the babymates app (“Service Providers”), to provide the babymates app on our behalf, to perform services or to assist us in analysing how the babymates app is used. These Service Providers have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of the babymates app, such as:
- Google AdWords: Google AdWords remarketing service is provided by Google Inc. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: http://www.google.com/settings/ads. Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on, https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en.
- Facebook: Facebook remarketing service is provided by Facebook Inc. You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page: https://www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950. To opt-out from Facebook’s interest-based ads follow these instructions from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217. For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook’s Data Policy: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation.
- Snapchat: We may use Snapchat. For details on how to edit your privacy settings on Snapchat, please use the following link: https://support.snapchat.com/en-US/a/privacy-settings2.
Upon downloading the babymates app, you may be asked to turn on location services. If you turn these features on, we may collect your device’s geolocation data and save your device’s coordinates to offer certain features to you (such as, for instance, finding users who live nearby). We may also use your device’s geolocation information to personalise the babymates app and make it easier for you to interact with other babymates users close by. You can control your location information settings in your account settings and switch them off if you want to. Even if you have disabled location services, we may still determine your city, state, and country location based on your IP address (but not your exact location).
Links to other Sites
If you are not yet 18 years of age then by accepting our terms and conditions, you acknowledge that you consent to collection of your Personal Information by using the babymates app. If you are a parent or guardian, you acknowledge that you have provided consent for collection of any Personal Information provided by your child and have provided us with the required indemnity as required by our Terms and Conditions.
Notification of Data Breaches
If we have reasonable grounds to suspect that a data breach has occurred, we will:
- Complete an assessment of the suspected data breach; and
- If appropriate, take remedial action to address any potential harm to individuals that may arise due to a relevant data breach before any serious harm is caused to individuals to whom the information relates.
We will otherwise comply with privacy data breach notification requirements, including notifying affected individuals and the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner as applicable.
- By email: [email protected]
- By visiting this page on our website: www.babymates.io/privacy